Sunday, June 07, 2009

Daniel Reich Gallery


I went through a phase of liking galleries that I thought I was supposed to like. Now past that, I'm trying to refine my list of preferred galleries around the world. I've been using links from various blogs and art sites to narrow or expand my list. Searching through the gallery links on VASILI KALIMAN'S ART PATROL blog I came across Daniel Reich Gallery. I don't know how else to tell you how it's rad, other than by listing some works I liked most on their site.



Past exhibit announcements















Works by Sean Dack, who went to school at Columbia University School of the Arts. His digital prints catch me mid view. ahhhhh



"Los Angeles Helicopter"
2007
Unique digital c-print
30 x 44 inches






"Girl Next Door"
2008
Unique digital C-print
45 x 30 inches





Christian Holstad, went to school at Kansas City Art Institute. His works can be off centering a bit initially but ask for more attention to be understood. "Pulling in the Reigns" and "Memorial" have a subtle eerie feel with a dream like quality and some connection to past historical events.



“Pulling in the Reigns”
2003
Charcoal on erased newsprint
5.25 x 6.5 inches





"Memorial"
2009
Graphite on Newsprint
11.25 x 23.75 inches




The idea of going to the YBCA's party last night where they were showing shorts in honor of Fellini, has me in a film noir mood. These film stills and photo collages by Susanne M. Winterling are part of that.





"Eileen Gray; The jewel and troubled water "
2008
Photocollage
15.5 x 19.5 inches






“Untitled” (As to Muybridge (Film still C. Bonstein “A Swiss Rebel”
(set of six black and white digital prints)
2007
8.5 x 11 inches each
Edition of 3






No comments: