Thursday, May 08, 2008

David Cunningham Projects presents Joan Perlman

I just realized today that I didn't have David Cunningham Projects listed under "My Favorite Bay Area Galleries." What was I thinking, I'm aghast!

This may be too early to mention their upcoming exhibit but I will put out a reminder later too.




Gallery: David Cunningham Projects
Artist: Joan Perlman
Exhibition Title: FLUX
Opening Reception: May 22, 2008 from 6-9 p.m.
Exhibition Dates:May 22 – June 28, 2008
Address: 1928 Folsom Street between 15th and 16th

"Perlman’s latest body of work finds its source in Iceland’s glacial rivers. The paintings included in this exhibition are an exploration of the shifting light, colors and energy patterns created by these powerful waters as they intersect with the land. Long interested in the mutable, metamorphic and metaphysical aspects of landscape and geology Perlman’s paintings eschew mere documentation, moving beyond realism and transcending metaphor to tackle nature at it’s most elemental."


No comments: