Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Weekend for Getting Out

I made it out to Triple Base and Blue Space Gallery this weekend before I headed up to Sonoma County for a sweet hike over looking the coast.

Check out some of the pictures I got.




Talking with the directors at Triple Base I realized how crucial they are to our community. I came away, with the desire to do away with the hierarchy of status and value in the art world, at least SF. And a desire to give artists a more open platform for sharing their work.

Looking through the maps at Blue Space, as the gallery folks prepared for the hunt/exhibit, ended up being a good time to check things out, before the crowd came to eat BBQ deliciousness and take the maps to hunt. There was a great turnout and many interesting maps. My favorite: the magnifying glass with tiny print.

No comments: