Sunday, February 10, 2008

Inter-Zine

Alex Lucas interviewed by Caleb Neelon on Fecal Face Dot Com!

Alex just finished his January group show at White Walls.







In the interview, he says, "I have put out over 20 titles over the past six years or so, and with a general run of about 100, I figure I have made, by hand, about 2,000 zines or so."







Talking about other zines, he says,
"I think some of the best publications out today are free. Dan Murphy and Tony Smyrski's Megawords Magazine is an amazing, free publication. ANP Quarterly. Even Vice, as much as I'd like to say I hate it, once you get past the "Do's and Don't"s (I'm a little salty because I was a "Don't" once) they really explore some interesting topics."





Other San Francisco bay area artists he mentions are, Andrew Schoultz and Nick Meyer.

To get any of his printed work check out his Cantab Publishing site.

No comments: