Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Alejandro Chaskielberg

Artist: Alejandro Chaskielberg
Gallery: Ruth Benzacar
Location: Argentina

Looking at Chaskielberg's photographs online and I thought, "oh photos, intense color, nature, a human presence in an otherwise absent atmosphere...basically do I really want to see them in person?"




Within my last couple of days visiting Argentina, I made my way to Ruth Benzacar (a gallery I was told not to miss). And, I was surprised and suddenly woken up! Chaskielberg's photos were like portals to a well hydrated extremely alive environment.



After looking at three of the images, I started to question what was so fantastic that made me want to stay at each image forever. I realized, it was that when looking at the photographs, I suddenly felt like I was inside it. Kind of like in Mary Poppins when they jump into the sidewalk drawings!



This was a new experience for me with photography.
If you are around 1000 Florida St in Buenos Aires anytime soon, I definitely suggest walking down some stairs to this gallery's cove and checking out Chaskielberg.

No comments: