Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Argentina Art

Yes, art in SF is growing and I love it, but I must take this month to share the awesomeness that I am experiencing with Argentine art as well!

Street Art
From the intersection of Gurruchaga and Niceto Vega St.
This bear reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. Yet, his bamboo hints that he is clearly from some Asian region, not a story book from my childhood.



Window Display for Contemporary Gallery
The following three pieces

I hesitated in posting these photographs, since clearly there are reflections and shadows changing the original images. But the experience is the same as I had in person, since I have yet to catch this gallery when its open.


Part of a large pattern. I liked the line work in paint.



The shapes in this remind me of Egyptian drawings, especially with the gold and black. I do like how the photograph adds a layer with the reflection of the car.


This reminds me of a lot of work I've seen in SF lately, which I'm a fan of!

Be excited, there is more to come from this intricate South American jewel!

1 comment:

Cally said...

Glad you opted to show them, they are magical seen that way, like looking under water.